口語交際:不要吝惜你的贊美

字號:


    1. He was paid 2 m to endorse the product.
    他代言費拿了兩百萬。
    ?endorse 背書;簽字;批注公文;贊同;(商品等)代言
    >>熱門事件學英語:霸王洗發(fā)水被爆含致癌物質<<
    2. I can’t stand weak coffee.
    咖啡太淡我可受不了。
    3. Give him no breathing room.
    不要給他喘息的機會。
    ?breathing room (同breathing space) 休息時間或場所,喘息或考慮(情況)的時間
    e.g. To get a breathing room/space. 緩一口氣。
    4. I decide to opt out.
    我決定撤出。
    ?opt out 決定不參加,撤出,退出,辭職
    e.g. To opt out at this moment would be quite irrational. 在這種時候拒絕參加實在不近人情。
    5. We charge a flat rate of $ 20 per hour.
    我們每小時固定收費20美元。
    ?flat rate 統一費用; 按單位時間計價
    e.g. We pay a flat rate for bed and breakfast. 我們按統一的收費標準支付住宿和早餐。
    6. The patient is doubly incontinent.
    病人大小便失禁。
    7. We can’t afford to incur the wrath of the public.
    我們不能激起民憤。
    ?wrath 憤怒,激怒,猛烈的力量,神譴; wrath of god 神之憤怒,上帝的懲罰
    >>英語專四常見詞辨析40:“生氣”不止一個anger哦!<< 
    8. It’s just one of her little idiosyncrasies.
    她就這毛病。
    9. Don’t be sparing with your praise.
    不要吝惜你的贊美。
    10. Your ability is occult.
    你簡直神了。