Talking about Housework談論家務-瘋狂英語口語突破對話第5課

字號:


    5、 Talking about Housework談論家務
    A: Did you like the chicken soup? I got the recipe from TV.
    你喜歡那雞湯嗎?我從電視上學的。
    B: Yeah, everything was great. I think I’ll go watch the news now.
    喜歡,所有的菜都很好吃。我該去看新聞了。
    A:You said you’d do the dishes, didn’t you?
    你說過你要洗碗的對不對?
    B:Only if you clear the table first.
    但你得先清理飯桌。
    A:Come on, I made dinner, didn’t I?
    別來這個,是我做的飯,不是嗎?
    B:Yes, and it was delicious. All right, I guess I’ll do the dishes.
    對,而且非常好吃。好吧,那我洗碗好了。
    A:Thanks. And while we’re talking about chores, the light in the basement burned out.
    謝謝。既然在談家務事,地下室的燈泡燒壞了。
    B:I’ll replace the bulb after I finish the dishes.
    我洗完碗就去換。
    A:No, no, I already tried that. It still doesn’t work.
    不用了,我已經試過了。但是不管用。
    B:Maybe there’s a short. Did you try the fuse box?
    也許是短路了。你檢查保險絲盒了嗎?
    A:Yes, and that didn’t help either.
    檢查了,但也沒有用。
    B:Then we have to call an electrician, don’t we?
    那么我們應該叫電工來,是吧?
    A:Do you have a service number?
    你有電工服務電話嗎?
    B:It’s on the refrigerator.
    在冰箱上。
    A:You’ll call him tomorrow, right?
    你明天會給他打電話,是嗎?
    B:Sure, if I remember.
    當然了,如果我還記得的話。
    A: Don’t worry, I’ll remind you.
    別擔心,我提醒你。
    額外成就感
    家務英語
    do the dishes 洗碗
    * I always cook the meal and do the dishes! It’s not fair!
    我總是既做飯又洗碗!這太不公平了!
    * I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen, but I hate to do the dishes.
    我不在乎打掃廚房,但我討厭洗碗。
    short 短路
    * If you have a short in your electrical system, call an electrician.
    如果你的線路短路了,那就叫個電工來。
    * Don’t use that outlet. I’m afraid it has a short.
    別用那個插座。恐怕是短路了。
    bulb 燈泡
    * Could you change the bulb in the kitchen lamp, please?
    你能把廚房里的燈泡換一下嗎?
    * This desk lamp needs a new bulb.
    這盞臺燈該換新燈泡了。