別假裝神圣

字號:


    1. Kudos, man.
    行啊,你小子。
    2. You sound sanctimonious.
    別假裝神圣。
    3. She’s meek and mild.
    她很溫柔。
    4. You must have the Midas touch.
    你真是太會賺錢了。
    ►the Midas touch 點石成金,賺大錢的本領
    在希臘神話中,Midas是具有點石成金魔力的傳奇人物
    5. Everything will fall into place.
    一切都會迎刃而解。
    ►fall into place (開始)形成有條不紊、一目了然的格局,變得有條不紊(或清清楚楚)
    e.g. Once I knew he had a thing for her, everything fell into place. 知道他對她有意思,我才終于恍然大悟。
    Cos when I look at my life (因為當我回顧一生)
    How the pieces fall into place (生命的片段逐漸被理解)
    It just wouldn't rhyme without you (但是沒有了你,我的生命則不再律動)
    6. There’s no point in beating your chest.
    捶胸頓足有什么用?
    ►beat one's chest 捶胸頓足
    7. I’m going to up the ante.
    我準備加大賭注。
    ►up the ante 提價;增加賭注;提更多的要求
    8. Little headway has been made.
    還沒什么進展。
    9. You should take criticism in your stride.
    你得對批評刀槍不入。
    ►take something in one's stride 從容(或輕易)地對付某事,毫不費力地做某事
    10. A bunch of Philistines.
    一幫俗人!