懷疑時

字號:


    真的?
    Really? *“真的嗎?”。詢問對方的語氣,也常說Oh, really?
    He's 38. (他38歲。)
    Really? (真的?)
    Are you sure? *“敢肯定嗎?”,想要確認的心情,要比上句稍強。
    你是認真的嗎?
    Are you serious?
    I want to break up with you. (我想和你分手。)
    Are you serious? (你是認真的嗎?)*有些懷疑對方的語感。
    開玩笑呢吧?
    Are you joking?
    I quit my job. (我把工作辭了。)
    Are you joking? (開玩笑呢吧?)
    Do you mean it? (是真的嗎?)
    Are you kidding? (是說著玩吧?) *kid 常來表示“耍弄,開玩笑”。
    我懷疑。
    I doubt it. *表示對別人的話抱有懷疑的心情。
    Do you think you'll get a raise? (你覺得你能漲工資嗎?)
    I doubt it. (我懷疑。)
    It's doubtful!
    I don't think so. (我不這樣認為。)
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    It's chancy. *俚語。
    It's iffy. *非常隨便的說法。
    聽起來可疑。
    It sounds fishy to me. *fishy 除了表示“魚的,像魚的”之外,它還有“靠不住的,可疑的”意思。
    What do you think? (你怎么想?)
    It sounds fishy to me. (聽起來很可疑。)
    It sounds suspicious to me.
    It sounds funny to me.
    Something's fishy.
    I smell a rat. *smell a rat 為短語,表示“感到有可疑之處”、“事情很可疑”的意思。
    我不信他的話。
    I won't buy that story. *此處的buy表示“相信(believe),當真”,而不表示“買”,口語中常用。
    He said she is his sister. (他說她是他的妹妹。)
    I won't buy that story. (我不信他的話。)
    I won't buy that story. (我不會信他的話的。)
    But, it's true. (可那是真的呀。)
    I don't buy it.
    I won't believe that story.
    你認為她是當真的嗎?
    Do you think she's serious?
    She told me she likes you. (她告訴我她喜歡你。)
    Do you think she's serious? (你想她是認真的嗎?)
    我不把他的話太當真。
    I don't take him too seriously.
    I don't pay much attention to what he says. *pay attention to…“對……嚴加注意”、“對……留意”。
    I don't take him very seriously.
    我不相信他。
    I don't believe him.
    I don't believe him. (我不相信他。)
    What makes you say that? (你為什么這么說呢?)
    I don't trust him.
    I don't think he is telling the truth. (我認為他沒說真話。)
    I think he is lying. (我認為他在說謊。)
    有這么好的事!
    It's too good to be true. *直譯是“說得太好了”,表示事情或情況好得過分。
    I won two tickets to Hawaii! (我贏了兩張去夏威夷的票。)
    It's too good to be true. (有這么好的事?。?BR>    It's so unbelievably good that there has to be something wrong. (哪有這么便宜的事?。?BR>    Nothing this good ever happens, it must be a mistake. (不會有這么好的事,一定是搞錯了。)
    It can't be! It's too good to believe! (怎么可能!好得讓人難以置信。)