美語情景對話 第157期:閱讀 Reading

字號:

Todd: Hey, Mark I saw that you're reading a book out there.
    嘿,Mark,我看你在那邊正在讀一本書。
    Mark: Yeah, that's right.
    對呀。
    Todd: So, do you read a lot?
    那你讀了很多書嗎?
    Mark: Yeah, I read a lot. In fact I don't have a television.
    是的,讀了很多。事實上是因為我沒有電視。
    Todd: Ah, you're the man.
    啊,你就是這樣一個人。
    Mark: Seriously, I only read.
    說真的,我只能看書。
    Todd: Wow, how many books do you get through a week?
    哇,那你一周能看多少本書?
    Mark: A week! Ah, at least one a week, because I work all the time.
    一周!啊,一周至少一本,因為我一直都在工作。
    Todd: Oh, that's pretty good.
    哦,那相當(dāng)不錯了。
    Mark: Yeah, but I enjoy reading because television doesn't give you imagination, yeah I prefer reading.
    是,但我喜歡閱讀是因為電視無法滿足我想象的欲望,所以說我更喜歡閱讀。
    Todd: Yeah, I hear you. It rots your mind, I think. Ah, also, what kind of books you like to read? What kind of genres?
    恩我明白了。我想閱讀可以蠶食你的大腦。那么你喜歡看哪種書呢?哪一類的?
    Mark: Well, let's see, I've got a lot of nonfiction, a lot of comedy.
    恩我想想,我看過很多非小說還有很多的喜劇片。
    Todd: Cool, so actually, when you read, like where do you normally read?
    太棒了,那你通常會喜歡在什么地方閱讀呢?
    Mark: Where do I normally read? On the trains, actually. I'm always reading on the trains. I read because I'm always traveling to work. A lot of pleasure.
    在什么地方閱讀?在火車上吧。我總是在火車上看書。因為我總是坐車去工作,看書會帶來樂趣。
    And it's funny because I meet people on the trains when I'm reading, they look over at my book.
    而且真的很有意思,因為在我看書的時候,周圍的人也會湊過來看。
    Todd: That's cool. I love to read on the trains.
    那種感覺很棒。我很喜歡在火車上看書。