英語中的婉轉(zhuǎn)語

字號:

聽話聽聲,鑼鼓聽音。英語中有些話聽起來含蓄有禮,但其實是想告訴你另外一層意思。一起來看看吧。
    1. How do I put this gently...
    我要怎么才能溫柔地告訴你……
    真實含義:
    This is going to hurt.
    下面我要說的可能比較傷人。
    2. You're gonna hate me for this...
    你不會喜歡這個……
    真實含義:
    Because I'm about to say something horrible.
    因為我要告訴你一些可怕的事情。
    3. No offense, but...
    不是想冒犯您,但是……
    真實含義:
    I'm going to say something offensive.
    我要說一些冒犯你的話了。
    4. We need to talk...
    我們需要談談了……
    真實含義:
    About something you don't want to talk about.
    談的是一些你不想談的事情。
    5. I hate to break it to you...
    我很不愿意讓你知道這個消息……
    真實含義:
    But prepare to be broken.
    但做好崩潰的準備吧。
    6. Well, if you want the truth...
    好吧,如果你想聽真話……
    真實含義:
    I've been lying this entire time.
    我其實一直在撒謊。
    7. I'm not trying to be mean...
    我不想那么刻薄……
    But I'm about to destroy you.
    但是我要開始打擊你了。
    8. Yeah, about that...
    關于那件事……
    真實含義:
    Everything we discussed is off the table.
    所有我們討論過的事就不再說了。
    9. I hate to be that person, but...
    我討厭自己是那樣的人,但是……
    真實含義:
    I AM that person.
    我就!是!那種人。
    10. I'd never say anthing bad about him, but...
    我從來不會說任何關于他的壞話,但是……
    真實含義:
    Never say never.
    永遠別說那樣的話。